problems with downloads after hibernation or sleep on Windows

From: michael haase via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 18:25:47 +0100
Dear All,

I have written a little Windows Service using curllib which periodically compiles time series data from FTP and HTTP servers and archives these data in an operating system tree structure and a database.

This service runs fine but I noticed that in some cases in the aftermath of an "hibernation" or "sleep" command the service is freezed. I found that this happens in case a "hibernation" or "sleep" command is issued during an active download. I am currently using curl-7.61.1. However, this also happend with older curl versions. I am using MinGW for compiling and linking. I would be very grateful for any hints related to this problem.

Thank you for your help in advance,
Michael