SPDY (was RE: curl-library Digest, Vol 107, Issue 37)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:39:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, 志平林 wrote:

(Please switch off the digest-mode of the list mails if you want to
participate in mail discussions.)

> Hi Daniel,Thanks for you reply, I have ported spdylay to libcurl and enabled
> multiplexing.

That sounds like something we'd like to see officially merged so please
provide your patches!

> But the test results of spdy performance is not good here. The persistent
> connection is not reliable, sometimes it will be dead.

Why? That sounds more like a supicious bug or something.

> Especially when client process is killed, while server wasn't informed, then
> the next new connection could face connection timeout, which costs lots of
> time.

That seems likely, yes. A broken TCP connection is potentially a really high
price to pay when you multiplex N streams over that connection, but also when
using multiplexing such a connection should also be kept alive at basically
all costs. Don't kill your client processes if you want them to keep
connections alive!